Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday Demo Challenge

The Technique Lovers Challenge for today was to make coaster out of tiles. Since I don't have the tiles on hand, I will have to do that one at a later date. On Monday, there's also a Demonstrators Challenge, so I went looking for that one. Michelle (aka SDiegoGal) did not have a challenge ready but said she'd post one this evening. Then, she added, "If anyone is feeling adventurous enough, feel free to post a challenge!" Guess who was feeling adventurous!!! ME!!! LOL! I said that we should use the Level 3 Hostess set that we were all given, "Time Well Spent" and make a Thank You card. Michelle edited the thread title for us to, "Thanks for the Time." How fun this was!! I used two cards I had already made as samples.

The first sample was a card I had done for a Color Challenge where we used Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, and White. I used a Whisper White base card, ran a piece of Petals and Paisley DSP through the Cuttlebug machine using the Swirls embossing folder, and used the Ticket Corner Punch on the corners before adhering it to the base card. Then, I used a strip of Whisper White with another strip of Wild Wasabi textured card stock on top. I stamped with Versamark and embossed in white, added brads, and added ribbon. I stamped Pretty in Pink card stock with Versamark and embossed with white again, and I cut out the flowers and adhered them to the Wasabi strip.

Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Petals and Paisley DSP
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: White EP, Cuttlebug Swirls EF, Pretty in Pink brads, Gingham ribbon


The other sample card was a card I made when I first got the new Level 3 Hostess set. I had called it, "It's a Good Thing." Sound familiar? LOL! On this one, the base card is Apricot Appeal with the main image on Whisper White, popped up on dimensionals over Apricot and White again. I did a bit of paper piercing in the corners. I punched photo corners in White and Apricot and layered those and pierced them, too. I stamped the image and sentiment with Stazon Black and colored with SU! Markers. I finished it off by using a pig nose punch above the left end of the sentiment and threading Apricot Grosgrain ribbon through, wrapping it around the side edge of the card, and adhering it to the inside of the card on both ends. I use a piece of white card stock on the inside to cover up the ribbon ends.

Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Black, SU! Markers: Celery, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Photo Corner Punch, Pig Nose (double rectangle) Punch, Mat Pack and Piercer, Apricot GG Ribbon, Dimensionals

No comments: