Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Masculine Birthday (SC156)

This week's Sketch Challenge was to just use this big circle on a card. We were not supposed to add ANY other panels. This was a tough one for me since I don't have a Coluzzle Cutting System (yet). Now, my oldest daughter drew my name and I drew hers for the Christmas gift exchange. If I don't get a Coluzzle set, I will buy one in my next Stampin' Up! order. That being said, I used a compass to draw my circle and cut it out by hand. I adhered the Very Vanilla circle to Basic Black and trimmed around, leaving a narrow border. I distressed the edges of both circles which hides any cutting mistakes. The Vanilla circle was sponged with Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip, and the deer was stamped with Chocolate Chip as well. I also stamped the Artichoke base card with the Linen background stamp in Chocolate Chip and the sentiment was stamped with the same ink.
  • Stamps: Noble Deer, Linen, Sincere Salutations
  • Papers: Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke
  • Accessories: Compass, Snips, Sponge

No comments: