Saturday, December 1, 2007

Inspired By the Colors (IC104)

Saturday is the day for the Inspiration Challenge at SplitCoastStampers. For this challenge, the inspiration piece was some gift wrapping paper.

Here's the photo of the inspiration piece. It has cute little mittens all over it. Now, I've done tons of Christmas cards and winter themed cards this year, so I just didn't want to do another winter or holiday card! I chose to go with the colors instead. After all, the challenge is to see how different people are inspired by different things. One of the mittens is a sort of aqua color with white polka dots. Some of the others looked brown to me.

I used a Whisper White base card, then I embossed a piece of Soft Sky Prints double sided paper with the Cuttlebug and Stylized Flowers embossing folder. I added white grosgrain ribbon and a metal dragonfly bead hanging from the ribbon on a silver cord (knotted at the end). I stamped the flowers on Creamy Caramel with Versamark and embossed them with white embossing powder and then cut them out. I layered the flowers over the ribbon, popping one up on dimensionals. My darling daughter does not like those flowers, so much so that she didn't think I should add this card to my blog! She says they look like gingerbread flowers! I felt that this WAS inspired by the piece and this is what I came up with, so I decided to upload this photo after all! You might leave a comment and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card!! Welcome to the bloggin' world!! :) I'll be back!