Monday, December 17, 2007

Asian Look

The Demonstrators' Challenge for Monday was to break out the pre-ordered stamp sets or hostess sets. I've already seen one other card in the gallery using the "Embrace Life" set for this challenge. I think we'll be seeing a lot of this one! My daughter-in-law is Chinese, so I send her and my son a card for Chinese New Year every year. I try to include the little red envelopes with "Lucky Money" for the kids (Lai See). This year, Chinese New Year begins on February 7, 2008. I think they are celebrating the year 4706. This card is very simple. The base card and image panel are Real Red. The image panel is matted on Basic Black. The corners are Ticket Corner Punched. I stamped the image as well as the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I think this particular stamp in the "Embrace Life" set definitely has an Asian look!

No comments: