Saturday, December 15, 2007

Peacock and Paisley (IC106)

This is the dinnerware that was used as the inspiration piece for this week's Inspiration Challenge. I was inspired by the small plate and the peacocks (salt and pepper shakers maybe?).



I have an online friend who sent me an "Elf Pack". (That's another story!) In my Elf Pack was a MatStack by DCWV called "Pocket Full Of Posies". It is patterned card stock in different colors and patterns. Almost all of it had glittery sparkles. I remembered that there was some card stock in the MatStack with paisleys on it. It was also orange! I have a few large white cards with envelopes that were given to me a couple of years ago. I trimmed the patterned card stock to fit the base card. I wanted to include the peacock but didn't have a stamp for that, so I found a clip art one. I printed it on white card stock and punched it out with the scallop circle punch. I adhered that piece to Rose Red card stock and trimmed with snips around the scallops for a mat. (Anyone want to buy me some Nestabilities for Christmas? LOL!) There's already glitter on most of the flowers, and I added Dazzling Diamonds to all the spots on the peacock's tail. I popped up the peacock piece on dimensionals. I finished off the card with Martha Stewart ribbon that was also in my Elf Pack, and I included a round charm that says, "Thank You."
  • Paper: DCWV MatStack, Whisper White, Rose Red
  • Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Snips, Computer and Printer, Martha Stewart Ribbon, Round "Thank You" charm

1 comment:

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Oh, how pretty. That paper is perfect for this challenge.