Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gift Set Cards (#7, 8, 9, & 10)

Card #7 of this gift set is a horizontal pocket card. I used Old Olive card stock and Olive Prints Double Sided Designer Paper. The pull-out part is Very Vanilla with Olive Prints on the part that shows. The tab was punched with the Round Tab Punch out of Certainly Celery and then stamped with the tiny flower from "Time Well Spent." Before adhering the folded flap down, I added olive satin ribbon, layered Prima flowers, and added a gold brad in the flower center. I really like these cards for sharing recipes! This one says "Best Wishes" on the pull-out and is intended to be a birthday card.

Card #8 is a feminine birthday card. I used Pretty in Pink for the base card and matting and Whisper White for the main image panel and the Cuttlebug background. I used the Cuttlebug Birthday embossing folder and rounded all four corners on the card and embossed layer. I stamped the cake from "Fun & Fast Notes" on white with Pretty in Pink and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the heart-shaped flames of the candles. I only rounded two corners on this panel. I added Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon and lined the inside with white. I also lined the white envelop with pink copy paper.





Card #9 is the one I have received the most comments on at SCS. In fact, it was mentioned in this week's Favorites Forum! I meant this one to be a masculine birthday card. I did a lot of sponging to create the sunset, but first, I stamped the trees on Very Vanilla with Stazon Black, then I sponged on So Saffron, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, and Rose Red for the sky, and I used Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Creamy Caramel for the grass. I also used Old Olive for the sentiment. The base card is Always Artichoke with a Summer Sun mat behind the main panel. I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla and punched it out with the Word Window Punch. I lined the card with white card stock. This card was inspired by my own Color Challenge card from about a week ago.
The last card in this gift set is a child's birthday card. I had already water colored the bear, wagon, and present from "Favorite Teddy Bear." The bear was the only one that wasn't yet cut out! The base card is Bashful Blue with Cutie Pie DSP on top. The corners of the designer paper are ticket corner punched. After I cut out the bear, I adhered the three pieces to the front of the card. I stamped the sentiment with Bashful Blue on Whisper White. I punched the sentiment with the small oval punch and the mat with the large oval punch. After adhering the white to the blue, I added white button brads and popped of the sentiment panel on dimensionals. I lined the inside of the card with white card stock, and I lined the white envelope with the same DSP as is on the card. That's all ten cards!!!

No comments: