Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gift Set Cards (#4, 5, and 6)

Card #4 of my gift set was intended to be a masculine Thank You card. I used Sage Shadow for the base card. I stamped the image from "Lovely as a Tree" with Sage Shadow on Whisper White. I used markers (Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel, and Close to Cocoa) to color the tree. I sponged the main image panel and adhered it to a Sage piece which I distressed, then that was adhered to another white piece and adhered to the card. I used a Cuttlebug "Thank You" Mini embossing folder to emboss the sentiment. I finished it off by paper piercing and then adding a white piece to the inside of the card.

Card #5 is another Thank You card. This one is done in Bashful Blue and Whisper White. I stamped the image from "Fun & Fast Notes" with Stazon Black and then colored it with markers (Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery). I added a Rhinestone Brad in the center of the flower. The main image panel was matted on Bashful Blue and then a Whisper White piece that was punched with the Square Step Corner Punch (retired). I used another Cuttlebug Mini embossing folder to emboss the sentiment, and I add the Bashful Blue ribbon. I lined the inside with white.
Card #6 is yet another Thank You card. The Whisper White base card is embossed with a Cuttlebug Mini embossing folder. The flower and leaves from "Wild Rose" are stamped on Whisper White with Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi. The flower is a "2-Step Stamping" one. I inked the first stamp and stamped off once before stamping the first step. The second step was inked and stamped over the first step with the same color. I cut out the flower and leaves and adhered them to the card. I added the 15/16" Pomegranate ribbon and bow which I think is the best part of the whole thing! I finished of by lining the inside of the card with more Whisper White to hide the ribbon ends and reinforce the card.

1 comment:

Jane said...

These are all nice...I think my favorite is the bashful blue one in the center. Great job!

Jane