Tuesday, March 1, 2011

D-Fence! (MMTPT135)

I've missed the last two tea parties for one reason or another, but I was able to find time to do this week's challenge. We are to bring sports related cards which can be sent to a young man (age 19) who was badly burned over 65% of his body. He's making progress but still needs encouragement. He loves sports - all kinds. I don't really have much in the way of sports related stamps, so I went online and found a coloring page of a football player in his three-point stance. I printed the image on card stock, colored it with Water Color Pencils, blended with a Blender Pen and baby oil, and cut it out. The base card is Basic Black and the embossed layer is Glorious Green (retired). I used the Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder. The "D" was die cut using a Sizzix alphabet set (Round-a-bout), and the fence was punched with the Martha Stewart fence punch. I added Crystal Effects to the helmet to give it a shine. Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments: