Saturday, March 5, 2011

Let Me Do It Now (ODBDSLC51, CCEE1109)

The challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs Blog is a color challenge. We are to choose two colors from pink, blue, yellow or ivory. My two colors are blue and ivory. The challenge for this week at the CCEE Stampers Blog is to use swirls. The stamped image above the quote has swirls as well as the die cut pieces on either end of the main image panel. I just got my order of new stamps from ODBD. I used the "Eternity" set for this card. The base card is Naturals Ivory, and the DSP is Springtime Vintage from the Occasions Mini Catalog. I stamped the quote with Black Stazon. Then, I stamped the frame with Versamark and embossed with Silver EP. I stamped the scroll above the quote with Versamark and again embossed with Silver EP. The die cuts on the ends were cut from Not Quite Navy card stock with the Cuttlebug Ornamental Die which I received as a gift from Pat Smethers. I may have gone a little overboard with those silver pearls, but when I put three on each end, I had four left, so I just used them all! LOL! The little flowers were punched, sponged and embossed, and tiny silver pearls were added to the centers. The leaves were punched with a Martha Stewart Leaf Punch and sponged. The whole panel was popped up. Thanks for stopping by!!!

7 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful use of the colors!! I love your blue brackets!!

Elizabeth said...

This is a very pretty card. IMO you can never have too many pearles. =)

Jan Keen said...

Very pretty!! I love the dsp you used, and the new ODBD die..

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, CA. Love that dp and your
swirlie's at the sides.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!! I just love your colors, paper and design!! Beautiful take on the colors! Thanks for joining Our Daily Bread Designs challenge this week!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOWEE, CarrollAnn, this is breathtaking!! I love the DP you've used and the sweet framing of this wonderful sentiment!!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD again, always looking forward to see your beautiful creations!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous! Love the new nestie, the silver embossing and of course the pearls! Thanks for joining us...hugs ~S~