Tuesday, March 29, 2011

April Fools!!!

Don't go away!!! Let me explain!! Fran aka philsmom contacted most of the Tea Potters and asked us to join in on an April Fool's prank for Cindy aka Mothermark. Our cards for this tea party were to be ugly, messed up, gaudy, etc. Then, we are to post our REAL cards that will be sent to Ashley who lost all of her stamping stuff in a flood. This is my ugly card!! You wouldn't believe what nice comments I received on this! LOL! I think some people knew what was going on, but others were just being polite. Cindy said we should bring lots of ribbons to this party and to make a girly card that was fancy enough to take to a ball. I went with the "ball" idea and stamped that soccer ball and sentiment from "Just Soccer."
Now, this is more like it! This is the card I'm sending (Well, the next one with the bling on it) along with a box with ribbons and other supplies. This card is also for the Dirty Dozen Sketch Challenge and goes with the theme for March which is "Black Tie." This is also for the "More is More" Challenge.
This is my "More" card for the "More is More" challenge. I only added the bling, but I think it did the trick. The base card is Basic Black with a layer of DCWV Glitter Stack card stock. The white layer is embossed and matted on black. The left edge extends out so that I could punch it with the MS Doily Lace Punch. The sentiment is Verve's Psalm 46:1. I used Nesties to cut out the sentiment and the lacy mat. The ribbon is SU!'s Whisper White Satin Ribbon and the rhinestones are from SU!, too. The rose is from Michael's. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: