Thursday, May 22, 2008

Faux Wood Technique

I've been asked to describe how I do my faux wood technique. It really is very simple! The photo at right shows the supplies you need:
  • Card Stock: Creamy Caramel
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chip Marker
  • Accessories: Sponge

With the Chocolate Chip Marker, lightly draw lines across the card stock, skipping here and there and making a swirl now and then for knot holes.


Continue drawing lines and swirls (knot holes) until the whole piece is covered.




Sponge the edges and knot holes with Chocolate Chip ink.










If you want the wood to look like a piece of a wall or a sign, cut the ends jagged and the other sides uneven so that there are no straight edges.










Draw the lines for the wood grain and swirls for knot holes as before. Sponge as before, too.
One example I have on my blog in an earlier post may be found here. It was a Featured Stamper Challenge card that I did a while back. The most recent one I have done can be found in this post and it is Project #4. Enjoy!!

No comments: