Sunday, May 4, 2008

Gate-fold Wedding Card

I have had several requests to make wedding cards for workshops and my next Stamp Camp, so I decided to practice a bit. I really had a tough time getting a photo of this one! I think there was a spray can of bathroom foo-foo that was orange and reflected in the right side of the card! LOL!

This card could be used for a wedding invitation, but the bride would have to pay extra for postage because of the rings. The embossed silver is actually silver foil wrapping paper. I think I will make another card like this that is white on white with some Brushed Silver card stock for one layer of matting. I embossed the cake with silver embossing powder and colored in the flowers on the cake with markers. I like the basic idea of this card, but I just don't know about all that silver. I'll be back with another version later, and you can comment and tell me which you like best.
  • Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes
  • Papers: Whisper White, Silver Foil Wrapping Paper
  • Ink: Versamark; Markers: Pretty In Pink, Sage Shadow
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Birds & Swirls EF, Silver EP, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Silver Rings

No comments: