Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fans (SC175)

When I saw today's Sketch Challenge, I immediately thought of fans. I went with an Asian theme, and the "Embrace Life" set works so well with that.


The base card is Basic Black with a Real Red layer that has been embossed with the Cuttlebug Distressed Lines embossing folder. The black circle is approximately 3-1/2" in diameter and cut in half. The vellum was approximately 1-1/2" X 5", stamped with flowers, and fan folded (about 1/8" folds). The top layer was stamped, scored, and matted on black. I used several layers of foam pop-ups to get the top panel at the right level over the fans. I finished it off with Vintage Brads. My daughter-in-law is Chinese, so I will probably send it to her next Chinese New Year. Thanks for visiting my blog!!
  • Stamps: Embrace Life
  • Papers: Basic Black, Real Red, Vellum
  • Ink: Black Stazon
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Distressed Lines EF, Vintage Brads

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I didn't like this layout at all when I saw it but the fans are perfect. That works! Great job on this card. I love it!