Friday, May 16, 2008

Jumbled Grad (LSC168, TLC165)

I made a graduation card with the local high school colors earlier, but I think my friend who had asked for graduation card ideas was a bit disappointed because that card was not a gift card holder which I had mentioned. Today's Limited Supplies Challenge was to use alphabet stamps as a focal point on a card. That gave me the opportunity to make another graduation card that IS a gift card holder! This has the "g-r-a-d" from the Big Deal Alphabet set; however, you could use any image that is appropriate for the card. I stamped the letters, trimmed, and matted on black. The white panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug "Congrats" embossing folder and adhered to the Only Orange base card.
Since it's my birthday tomorrow, I've already received some gifts. The designer paper on the inside of this card is from a jumbo pad of 200 sheets of designer paper from WalMart. It's only one-sided and thinner than SU! papers, but it will be great for scrap booking, and it worked very well for this gift card holder.
I'll be gone tomorrow and most of Sunday since hubby is taking me to Reno for lunch, dinner, a comedy show, and a night at a hotel to celebrate my birthday. Thanks for stopping by!
  • Stamps: Big Deal Alphabet, All Year Cheer II (retired)
  • Papers: Only Orange, GP White, Basic Black, Vibrant DP
  • Ink: Stazon Black
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Congrats EF, Word Window Punch, Small Oval Punch, Scoring Tools (embossing stylus and paper trimmer)

No comments: