Sunday, January 20, 2008

Faux Wood Thank You (FS50)









This week's Featured Stamper was KathyC. What an extensive gallery she has!!! The card I chose to CASE is above, and my card is on the right. Here are the changes I made: 1) I stamped the tree and did not use any additional colors on it. 2) I changed the colors of the card stock, ink, and ribbon. 3) I changed the sentiment. 4) My faux wood technique is a bit different.

  • Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Short & Sweet, All Night Media Wood BG
  • Papers: Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White
  • Ink: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Marker: Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware Spiral Clip, Night of Navy GG Ribbon, Sponge

The wood grain stamp I used doesn't cover the whole card like the SU! BG stamps do, but that's what I used for my faux wood. I stamped it with Chocolate Chip on Creamy Caramel, then I sponged with Chocolate Chip on the edges and on certain areas (like knotholes). I used the Chocolate Chip marker to add more lines with the fine end, then I used the thick end to draw a line so that it would look like the separation between the boards. Thanks for checking out my blog!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW! Your faux wood looks more like real wood! Way cool!!!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful job with this technique!

Yani said...

Very elegant cards. I really enjoyed my visit to your blog.