Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Baby Shower Invitations

A friend of mine gave me a challenge! Her daughter is expecting a baby girl, and the shower is in March. She challenged me to make an invitation for the baby shower using Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink. She also brought the Cuttlebug Baby embossing folder and several Mini folders. She brought some CTMH designer papers, too. She mentioned that she likes the top folded cards, so I made this card with the top fold. The base card is Very Vanilla. The next layer is Chocolate Chip, and the Pretty in Pink layer is embossed with the Cuttlebug Baby folder. Both layers are ticket punched. I used the Scallop Circle Punch to punch the Chocolate piece and the 1-3/8" Circle Punch for the Vanilla piece. The Vanilla piece was embossed with the Mini embossing folder with those cute little Baby Feet! I added Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon and a bow.

  • Papers: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, CB Baby EF, CB Baby Feet Mini EF, Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dot
I made a second card so that she could have a choice. This one has a Chocolate Chip base card with a layer of her CTMH designer paper on top with Pretty in Pink on the bottom. A chocolate satin ribbon and bow brings the two pieces together. The pink piece is embossed with the Baby Feet Mini embossing folder. I used my Coluzzle to cut cut out the Chocolate Chip circle and the Scallop Circle Punch to punch the Vanilla piece. The scalloped circle is stamped in Pretty in Pink with the baby buggy from "Fun & Fast Notes." This reminds me of a girl's room that is pink with striped wall paper.
  • Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes
  • Papers: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, CTMH DSP
  • Ink: Pretty in Pink
  • Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Coluzzle, CB Baby Feet Mini EF, Chocolate Satin Ribbon

4 comments:

JenMarie said...

These are just adorable!!!

Julie Hunt said...

I love your baby shower invites! Don't you just love using the cuttlebug.

My Paper World said...

They are both adorable!

Danielle (dburgi@telus.net) said...

Hi there,
These sound super cute and I am looking for some ideas for baby shower invitations. I cannot see the pictures for some reason though. Do you have an URL to the pics? Thanks so much!