Saturday, January 12, 2008

3rd Thursday Club January Projects

I know, I know, I posted cards with the sponged sunsets before, TWICE!!! One was a color challenge, and one was in the gift set I made for my daughter. This time, it's a workshop card. I thought it's about time I showed some of my ladies how do make one of these. Besides, I love the "Lovely As A Tree" set!!! This one has a Naturals White base card. The trees are stamped on Naturals White with Black Stazon and then sponged with several colors of ink (listed below). The main image is matted on So Saffron and both layers are punched with the Ticket Corner Punch. Three yellow brads were added.

  • Stamps: Lovely As A Tree
  • Papers: Naturals White, So Saffron
  • Ink: Stazon Black, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, More Mustard, Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, Rose Red
  • Accessories: Sponge, Ticket Corner Punch, Soft Subtles Yellow Brads
Project #2 is a Valentine card or it could be a friendship card. The sentiment on it says, "To an unforgettable friend." I'm into white cards, I guess! This one is a Whisper White base card with the image stamped on white and matted on Pretty in Pink. There are score lines above and below the ribbon as well as near the bottom of the card. I don't have a ScorePal, so I use my embossing stylus and paper trimmer for scoring. The image is water colored with Water Color Wonder Crayons and an Aquapainter. The main image and mat are Ticket Corner punched. The ribbon is Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.
  • Stamps: Happy Heart Day
  • Papers: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
  • Ink: Stazon Black
  • Accessories: WCW Crayons, Aquapainter, Ticket Corner Punch, GG Ribbon, Embossing Stylus

Project #3 is our non-card item. My sample here is with a plastic bag, but my cello bags should be here Tuesday. We will use 3" X 5" cello bags for this and fill them with Valentine colored M&M's. Then, we will make a simple topper. The heart hides the staple and is cut from Rose Red Prints Double Sided Designer Paper. The heart stamp is from "Time Well Spent." The "love and kisses" or X's and O's is from "Pictograms." The white flower was punched with the Three For You Punch and then embossed. I used a rose gel pen for the center. I used Pretty In Pink card stock, but I think it would look better with white. I really am on a white trend, aren't I!!

  • Stamps: Time Well Spent, Pictograms
  • Papers: Pretty In Pink, Whisper White, Rose Prints DSP
  • Ink: Stazon Black, Rose Red
  • Accessories: 3-4-U Punch, Gel Pen, 3" X 5" bag, Stapler

No comments: