Thursday, January 10, 2008

Flowes n' Leather (WT147, WT148)

Last week's Ways to Use It Challenge was to use flowers. This week's WT Challenge was to use leather. Since I haven't done any challenges for about a week, I combined the two. I started out by stamping the Blue Bayou base card with the Linen background stamp, using Blue Bayou ink. (I think this BG stamp was just retired.) I also stamped some scrap pieces with the same BG stamp. I used Basic Black to stamp the pocket on one of the pre-stamped scraps and cut it out. I used the Word Window Punch to make the belt loops which I faux stitched around the edges. I made a Levi tag with a scrap piece of Rose Red card stock and wrote, "Love" with my black journaling marker. To make the belt, I cut a piece of Chocolate Chip, spritzed it, and ran it through my Cuttlebug machine using Fiskars leather texture plate. The flowers are Primas with punched out centers and yellow brads. Silver brads are on the pocket corners.
  • Stamps: Pocket Fun, Linen
  • Papers: Blue Bayou, Rose Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow
  • Ink: Blue Bayou, Basic Black
  • Spring Bouquet Flower Punch, Word Window Punch, Fiskars Leather Texture Plate, Cuttlebug machine, Prima Flowers, Yellow brads, Silver brads, Black Journaling Marker

No comments: