Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wanted (WT149)

The Ways To Use It Challenge this week was to use embossing powder. I used silver embossing powder (EP) on the "tin star" and black EP on the horse. I just used Basic Black ink for the "Wanted" because I wanted it to look like a torn piece of a wanted poster still hanging on by one nail. Now, if you were wishing those bad ol' horse thieves would bring back Black Beauty, that horse might be pretty shiny in your mind, so I did emboss the horse. Now that picture of the horse is just hanging there by one nail, too. There's an ol' lasso hanging there on the stable wall. This piece of the stable must have rotted and got busted out because the edges of the boards are all jagged. I stamped a piece of Creamy Caramel with a wood grain stamp from All Night Media with Chocolate Chip ink. I wasn't too happy with the outcome, so I added more lines with my Chocolate marker including a couple of thicker lines to make it look like boards. I cut the edges zig zagged to give it that busted or rotted look, then I sponged with Chocolate Chip. I sponged all the edges with Chocolate Chip, in fact. I did a little distressing, too. I hope you like it!
  • Stamps: Wanted, Wood Grain (All Night Media)
  • Papers: Naturals Ivory, Creamy Caramel
  • Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
  • Accessories: Silver EP, Black EP, Sponge, Vintage Brads, Hemp Twine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWZER! love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Great card!