Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cowgirl (IC110)

These fabric swatches by Amy Butler were the inspiration for the challenge today. I was inspired by the one that is brown with pick polka dots. I immediately thought of the designer paper I have from My Mind's Eye Magnolia Collection. It has the reverse colors; pink with brown polka dots.



Here's a close-up of the swatch that inspired me.


It always amazes me that we can be so inspired by something like a piece of fabric and turn that inspiration into a card. It's the challenge that gets us going though. There's so many beautiful cards in the gallery today!


I used a Chocolate Chip base card and added my designer paper. I stamped the "Bronc Buster" on Naturals Ivory with Chocolate Chip ink. I matted the Ivory pieces on Chocolate Chip and used the Ticket Corner Punch on all the layers. I did a bit of paper piercing on the main image panel and added a "rope" made of Hemp Twine. The layer with the horseshoe and star is popped up.
  • Stamps: Bronc Buster
  • Papers: Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory, My Mind's Eye Magnolia Collection DP
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Mat Pack, Piercer, Hemp Twine, Dimensionals

No comments: