Saturday, January 5, 2008

Flooding in Fernley, Nevada

When I started this blog, I wanted it to be just about card making and scrapbooking, and, other than my very first post, I've shown a card or a scrapbook page in every post except for one. That post has photos of a lady who exploded a glue bottle all over the place at one of my stamp camps. Well, I'm not including a paper craft of any kind here. This is about the flooding that reached within a few short blocks of my house here in Fernley, Nevada. We're so fortunate! Thank God we are on higher ground! We have a friend whose hubby is a volunteer fireman here, and he went out in his fishing boat and rescued some people from their homes this morning. I'm including a few photos they sent to me. Nothing more needs to be said.


NAS Fallon helicopter rescues people from their roof tops.

Off duty sheriff deputy's vehicle in driveway.


Roof of a car parked in the driveway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine such terrible conditions for those people. Glad you are on higher ground. Prayers for all that need it. Bev J.

Anonymous said...

My Daughter lives in Reno and told me about this yesterday. I did not realize how bad it would be until I saw your pictures. My thoughts are with all of them.