Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Full and Thankful (CC147)

This week's color challenge was to use Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal, and Real Red. A friend of mine from SCS sent me some House Mouse images stamped on white card stock since I have no House Mouse stamps. I love the House Mouse images, but I'll probably never buy any since I never can get all the stamps I want from the SU! catalogs!!! I made sure I stuck with the challenge colors even when water coloring the image with Water Color Wonder Crayons. To get the pink, I wiped my Aquapainter on paper and squeezed out extra water; for the leaves, I used Celery and Teal; for the shadows on the ground, I used Celery and Red. The base card is Celery, for the Red Cuttlebugged strip, I used the Bubbles embossing folder, and I used the Teal for matting the main image panel and the sentiment. I used the Ticket Corner Punch on the three layer panel and added silver brads to the sentiment panel. This is one of the few cards this past week that I actually like. We all have times like that, I guess. All three layers of the main image panel plus the sentiment are popped up on dimensionals.

  • Stamps: House Mouse, Short and Sweet
  • Papers: Certainly Celery, Real Red, Taken with Teal, Whisper White
  • Ink: Stazon Black, Real Red
  • Accessories: WCW Crayons, Aquapainter, Cuttlebug Bubbles EF, Ticket Corner Punch, Large Oval Punch, Small Oval Punch, 1/16" Punch, Silver Brads, Dimensionals

No comments: