Monday, June 30, 2008

Misty Morning (TLC175)

I really liked today's Technique Lover's Challenge. It's called, "Chalk Pouncing." First of all, I had a piece of white card stock that I scored to make an embossed frame, but that didn't look right, so I set it aside in my scrap basket. I took that piece and trimmed very close to the scored lines. If you look closely (click on the photo), you can barely see the embossed frame. I used a cotton ball to rub on Close to Cocoa, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, and Ruby Red Chalks. Next, I stamped the trees with Versamark and "pounced" on the black chalk. You can just blow off any excess. I matted the main image panel on Basic Black and then on Summer Sun. There's a layer of Western Sky designer paper over the Ruby Red base card. I distressed the Summer Sun piece and the DSP and sponged with Close to Cocoa. Before adhering the DSP, I added the Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon and knot. This technique is so EASY! I will use it for my next club.
  • Stamps: Lovely As A Tree
  • Papers: Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Basic Black, White, Western Sky DSP
  • Ink: Versamark, Close to Cocoa
  • Accessories: Chalks, Cotton Ball, Sponge, Basic Black GG Ribbon

Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

Kelly L said...

Very pretty colors. This is one of my favorite sets, too. :) Kel