Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Best Blooms (CC173)

Today's Color Challenge was to use Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, and Certainly Celery. I made this 5-3/8" X 5-3/8" square card. The base card is Wild Wasabi Textured card stock (from the 12" X 12" In-Color pack), and it is embossed on the bottom only using the "Bloom Dots" Cuttlebug folder. There's a strip of Celery Prints DSP matted on Purely Pomegranate. Using a Blender Pen and Pomegranate ink, I colored in most of the centers of the flowers on the DSP. For the main image, I used the flower and leaves from "Infinite Goodness" (Level 2 Hostess set). I stamped the leaves on the panel and colored them in with Wasabi ink and the Blender Pen, then I sponged the edges with Pomegranate. The flowers were stamped with Pomegranate and cut out; the centers were colored in with Blender Pen, and then I used Sticky Strip in the centers to adhere Clear Micro Beads (I wish that would show up in the photo.) I adhered the flowers with glue dots. I adhered the Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon and lined the inside with white to cover the ends of the ribbon. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap strip and punched it out with the Word Window Punch; then I matted it on Pomegranate and punched a 1/8" hole in one end. I added the flower charm and sentiment to a jump ring and, when I added the piece of ribbon for the knot, I put it through the jump ring first. This is the first card I've made in a while that I really like!
  • Stamps: Infinite Goodness (Level 2 Hostess Set), Short & Sweet
  • Papers: Wild Wasabi Textured CS, Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery, White, Celery Prints DSP
  • Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi
  • Accessories: Blender Pen, Cuttlebug Bloom Dots EF, Purely Pomegranate DS Ribbon, Flower Charm, Word Window Punch, Sticky Strip, Micro Beads, Snips

Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

No comments: