Sunday, July 27, 2008

Friend (FS77)

I didn't upload anything yesterday because I didn't make a card! Imagine that! I was on my second day of a two-day Stamp Camp, and when it was over, I was just too exhausted to do anything. There won't be much uploading done around here until next Sunday night when I get home from the Stampin' Up! Convention. I'll probably have a card or two from convention I can upload when I get back.

Today is Featured Stamper day. Julia (artystamper) is our featured stamper this week. What a great choice! I've admired Julia's work for some time now. Hey, Julia, I know you tagged me back in March, and I didn't participate. I'm sorry about that, but I just got so busy, I just didn't have the time!!! Congratulations on being chosen for the Featured Stamper!! Julia's card that I chose to CASE (Copy And Show Elsewhere) is shown above. Julia has lots of Bible verse stamps. I like that. I also liked the simplicity of her card which focuses on the verse.

I used a lot of non-SU! supplies on this one. I changed the stamp set and the colors (which includes paper, ink and flowers). My base card is SU! Perfect Plum, and it's layered with DCWV Mat Stack (Pocket Full of Posies) that I got from my Elf for Christmas. I stamped the sentiment from "God's Blessings" with Perfect Plum and sponged with the same ink. I had the yellow flower, but the purple one was originally white; I dyed it with the Perfect Plum ink pad. I added the baby blue brad to the flower center and adhered the flower with a Pop-up Glue Dot.
  • Stamps: God's Blessings
  • Papers: Perfect Plum, DCWV Mat Stack, Light Blue, Bright Yellow, GP White
  • Ink: Perfect Plum
  • Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Primas, Blue Brad, Pop-up Glue Dot

Thanks for visiting my blog today! I hope to be able to upload a couple of cards before I leave for convention on Tuesday!

No comments: