Friday, June 13, 2008

Ladies' Night Out June Projects (LSC172)


Ladies' Night Out Club is next Friday, so I've been busy getting things ready for that and two other events the following week. I didn't do yesterday's challenge because I've been too busy; imagine that!

Project #1 will make use of the "Word Search" background stamp. The one shown here is a gift card holder for my grandson. Inside, it says, "Find:
1. THINK
2. HAPPY,
3. AUGUST
4. BIRTHDAY
5. BOY!
6. LOVE
7. ALWAYS
Then it's signed.

For club, we will make a tent folded card and everyone will have a choice of colors and images to add to the front. It could be a baby card, a birthday card, or whatever! I will also supply a selection of card stock colors, but they will be all "In Colors" since I'm trying to use them up.

Did you think Project #1 was too easy? Well, there's a method to my madness! I've spent most of the day taking photographs as I went along making the card for Project #2. I put my photos in the tutorial and rewrote some parts of it to fit what we will be doing. Project #2 will be this Double Slider card. The first project had to be easy to allow us enough time to complete this project. I know everyone will be happy with what they've made.

Project #2 is also for today's Limited Supplies Challenge which was to use knots. I knotted the Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon. I used a Blender Pen and ink pads to color the images, and I sponged all the edges.

Supplies for Project #1:
  • Stamps: Word Search BG
  • Papers: Blue Bayou, Naturals White, Afternoon Tea DSP (for gift card holder only)
  • Ink: Basic Brown; Marker (inside)
  • Accessories: Small Star Punch (For Gift Card: Word Window Punch, Small Oval Punch)

Supplies for Project #2:

  • Stamps: Blooming Beautiful, Weathered BG
  • Papers: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Naturals Ivory
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Really Rust
  • Accessories: Word Window Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Purely Pomegranate DS Ribbon, Vintage Brad, Blender Pen, Sponge

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: