Sunday, March 23, 2008

Photo Wallet (3D041)

Attention 3rd Thursday Club Stampers!!! I think we will do this for our non-card project in April. Let me know what you think!

This is a photo wallet. You can include six to nine 2-1/2" X 3-1/2" (wallet size) photos in this project. I think this would make a terrific gift for the grandmothers for Mother's Day! You stamp the outside and make a decorated belly band to keep it closed. I used the Die Cut Blooms (available from the Occasions Mini Catalog until May 31st) to decorate the belly band.

I put my journaling panels on the outside of each of the internal folders. I described the photos indicating "Left" and "Right" on each journaling panel. In this photo, you see the belly band set aside and the wallet opened revealing the folders with their journaling panels. You can do this with just three photos with their own journaling panels on the inside of each folder. Then, you could decorate each folder's outside or just leave it blank.
This photo (at left) shows the photo wallet fully opened with each folder opened revealing two photos in each folder. Like I said before, you could just use one photo in each folder with the journaling panel on the other side of the inside of the folder. To be redundant, I think this would make a great Mother's Day gift!

  • Stamps: 3-4-U Punch Box Single Flower
  • Papers: Summer Sun, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Whisper White
  • Ink: Real Red
  • Accessories: Die Cut Blooms

    I'm so glad you visited my blog!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! I'm going to make one for my dear mother-in-law. She's in a home, and this is just right with limited space. Thank you so much for the idea!

Val

Anonymous said...

CarrollAnn, this is a fantastic idea. I'm going to make one for my mother. She has dementia, so it's wonderful that I can leave a little reminder of who people are in the photos. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. I also like the way your photos coordinate with the bright colors you used on the wallet.