Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mother's Rose (ssnotime26)

Sharon's (notimetostamp) challenge this week was to do some piercing on a card. You have to look carefully to see the piercing in a scallop design all the way around the vellum piece. Click on the photo to enlarge it, and it will be easier to see. I also embossed the rose in the middle. I haven't hand embossed in quite a while! LOL! I adhered the vellum piece to a rose print patterned paper that I had in my stash for about ten years! I used four gold brads to attach the two pieces, then I adhered the whole thing to a Whisper White base card after adding shear organdy pink ribbon. I called it "Mother's Rose" because I'm giving this to my mother for her birthday next month. She will be 93 years young!!! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Stamps: None
  • Papers: Whisper White, Vellum, Rose print designer paper
  • Ink: None
  • Accessories: Anna Griffin Embossing Template, Embossing Stylus, Paper Piercer, Gold Brads, Pink Organdy Ribbon

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I absolutely love this soft and delicate beauty - so glad you played -- thanks much!!!