Our first project next Thursday will be this birthday card. We will be doing some paper piecing. I stamped the birds on the white panel and again on Celery Prints DSP. I cut out the bodies from the DSP and adhered it to the images on the white panel; that's paper piecing! It's really very easy to do but adds color and texture to the project. The mat and base card are Certainly Celery. I used the Cuttlebug "Allegro" embossing folder for the white background piece. I thought it goes well with the birdie theme; birds, singing, music...get it? LOL! This will be a fun project and the easiest of the three we will be doing.
- Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me
- Papers: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Celery Prints DSP
- Ink: Stazon Black
- Accessories: Cuttlebug Allegro EF, Large and Small Oval Punches
I never thought I'd like orange and green so much! Our second project will also have a Cuttlebug piece embossed with "Swiss Dots". I just love the new Cuttlebug folders! This one has Summer Picnic DSP (orange DP) and Old Olive Prints DSP (Polka Dot strip). The orange slices are done by stamping Only Orange on white, punching out the oranges, cutting them in half, and adhering to Only Orange half circles. They also have Dazzling Diamonds on each slice. The Large Oval Punch was used for the sentiment and the 1/2" Circle Punch was used on the "...is good" piece. The orange satin ribbon is non-SU! Credit should be given to skdeleeuw whose card inspired this card.
- Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Make It Count (Level 1 Hostess set)
- Papers: Only Orange, Old Olive, WW, Summer Picnic DSP, Old Olive Prints DSP
- Ink: Only Orange
- Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Orange satin ribbon, Large Oval Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF
I'm so glad you visited my blog today!!!
- Stamps: Make It Count (Level 1 Hostess set)
- Papers: Wasabi Prints (Level 1 Hostess Prints Pack), Purely Pomegranate Textured CS, Certainly Celery, non-SU! yellow
- Ink: Whisper White Craft, White Signo Gel Pen, SU! Black Journaling Marker
- Accessories: Large and Small Star Punches
Note: I used a narrow strip of Celery CS under the photo instead of ribbon.