Monday, September 22, 2008

Bookmark and Card (TLC187)

The Technique Lover's Challenge was to make these neat little bookmarks that fit on the corner of a page. I made mine with a matching card so that I could give it as a gift.
This photo shows the bookmark removed from the card. The bookmark is made with Going Gray with a Basic Black triangle adhered to the back. It's punched with the Scallop Edge Punch and embossed with red embossing powder. SU! doesn't carry all the colors of embossing powders anymore. I made dots with a white gel pen. For the card, the base card is Going Gray with a plain panel of Real Red. A strip of Basic Black was punched on both sides with the Scallop Edge Punch and then Black Gingham Ribbon was added before adhering the strip to the red panel. The red panel is embossed with the red EP and then doodled with white gel pen. Rhinestones were added to the flourish where the little flowers are. Thanks for visiting my blog!!!
  • Stamps: Priceless
  • Papers: Going Gray, Real Red, Basic Black
  • Ink: Versamark, White Gel Pen
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Red EP, Black Gingham Ribbon, Rhinestones

I have been asked for dimensions, but the person who asked did not leave an email or any kind of contact info, so I couldn't reply. The dimensions of mine were 3-1/8" X 3-1/2" before punching the scallops. You fold in the top two corners to meet and adhere a triangle over the seam. This can be decorated too. Some people add ribbons even. The back of mine has a black triangle that just has a couple of flowers stamped in white. I hope the person who asked can find this info!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just wondering the size of the book mark. I have seen this some where else but now I can't find it. Thanks!
Kim

dawnmercedes said...

ooh...what a great ensemble...wow!