Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bloom (CC186) (SC195)


I didn't post anything yesterday because I was so busy all day with other things. I didn't do the Technique Lover's Challenge which was a color washed Batik. I had to get testing done for pre-admission to the hospital for my surgery next Monday. I was exhausted by the time I got home last night! I did the challenge for today though! I used last week's sketch to create today's Color Challenge card. We were to use Really Rust, Baha Breeze, and Chocolate Chip. The base card is Baha Breeze; then, there's a layer of Really Rust that has been stamped with a small background stamp and sponged with Chocolate Chip. The next panel has sponged designer paper matted on Baha Breeze and Chocolate Chip. The middle panel is Really Rust that has been embossed using Sizzix Texturz and the Big Shot Machine and then sponged and matted. Finally, the main image was colored with a Blender Pen and ink pads, and this panel was sponged and matted, too. I dyed the flower with Really Rust, but I got it a bit too dark. It has punched branches punched from Chocolate Chip with the Martha Stewart Branches Punch behind it and a button from Button Bouquet on top. Thanks for stopping by today!!!
  • Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
  • Papers: Baha Breeze, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Grean Tea DSP
  • Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Baja Breeze, Old Olive
  • Accessories: Big Shot Machine, Sizzix Texturz Embossing Plate, Blender Pen, Sponge, Flower, Button, MS Branches Punch, Glue Dots

No comments: