Thursday, February 21, 2008

Warm Wishes (WT154)

The Thursday Ways To Use It Challenge was to use a window on a card. In other words, make a "Window Card." What this means is that you punch out or cut out a "window" from the front of the card so that you can see a stamped image on the inside of the card. Your window can be any shape and framed or unframed, just so long as you can look through it to see the image that's stamped on the inside. I used "Window On The World" (retired set) to create my window. I used a craft knife to cut out the window portion of the stamped image, then I marked on the card where to cut and used the craft knife on that too. On the stamped image, I used snips to cut the bottom portion of the curtain. The flowers are stamped on the inside of the card and water colored. The window frame on the front of the card was also water colored. On the inside, I stamped "Happy Birthday...and many more!" from the Birthday Whimsy SAB set. I will send this to my daughter. I'm afraid it's late because I had the flu and didn't have a card made for her in time. Thanks for stopping by!!!
  • Stamps: Window On The World (retired), Birthday Whimsy (inside)
  • Papers: Groovy Guava, Very Vanilla, WW (inside)
  • Ink: Stazon Black, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Craft Knife, Snips, WCW Crayons, Aquapainter, Martha Stewart Craft Seam Binding, Silver HPH (available March 1st)

3 comments:

Debbi said...

Very nice! Don't you just love the silver HP ribbon slides?!?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful window card and Window on the World is looking so fresh.

Anonymous said...

Cute card. Hope your flu is all gone now! tfs

Bev J.