Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring Song (WT155)

The name of the stamp set here is, "Spring Song." Thus, the title for the card; however, I've already named another card for a sketch challenge "Spring Song"!!! I'll have to be more careful about naming cards the same name as the stamp set I use! LOL!

This card is for the Thursday Ways to Use It Challenge. We were to use music in our creations. You could use musical notes, instruments, etc., or you could just base the theme of your card on a particular song. I did both. The base card is Chocolate Chip. The Soft Sky piece is embossed with the new "Allegra" Cuttlebug folder. The main image is stamped with Stazon Black on Whisper White and water colored with WCW Crayons and an Aquapainter. I used the 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch on the rounded corners and finished off with chocolate satin ribbon and a blue satin rose (from my OLD stash). My song for this card is "Zippity Doo Dah"!!! Here are the lyrics:

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

Here's the recipe:
  • Stamps: Spring Song
  • Papers: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Whisper White
  • Ink: Stazon Black
  • Accessories: WCW Crayons, Aquapainter, 3/16" Corner Rounder, Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Blue Satin Rose, Cuttlebut Allegra EF

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card. Love the little song bird paired with the CB music background. Okay, now I'm going to have to order the music CB envelope.