Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blessings (FS54)

I did the Limited Supplies Challenge on Friday but didn't like the card at all, so it won't be posted here! On Saturday, I was busy most of the day with a hostess workshop, so I didn't even get to the Inspiration Challenge. I did see lots a great cards in the gallery though! That brings me to the Sunday Featured Stamper Challenge. The Featured Stamper this week is Betty (aka gbedwright), and she happens to be one of my online friends. We have sent each other numerous private messages through Splitcoaststampers.com (SCS). I mailed her a certificate for completing my instructions for creating a colorful signature on SCS, and she sent me a beautiful card. The card she sent to me is shown above. I went through her gallery to find a card to CASE, there it was! The very card she sent me was in her beautiful gallery! I decided to CASE that one!!! How handy it is to have the card right there, in person!!! Now, I haven't made too many square cards because I haven't ordered envelopes to fit them, yet! The changes I made are:

  • 1. Instead of 5-3/8 inch square, I made a standard A2 card.
  • 2. I changed the colors but still used SU! Prints Double Sided Designer Paper (DSP).
  • 3. I used different stamps (I don't have 'Simply Said').
  • 4. No ticket corner punching on the main layers. (I was so anxious to put it together, I just forgot!)
  • 5. No brads. (Changing the size didn't leave much room.)

Instead of using the tulips that came with "Never Ending Joy", I used the smallest flower from "Time Well Spent" and colored in the outsides with the Perfect Plum marker. I also dotted the centers of the flowers with the Certainly Celery marker. I colored in the centers of the white daisies on the DSP with the Perfect Plum marker, too. I used the same Cuttlebug embossing folder for the top half of the DSP as Betty used. The ribbon loop is Martha Stewart Craft Seam Binding that was in my "Elf Pack" for Christmas.

  • Stamps: Never Ending Joy, Time Well Spent
  • Papers: Naturals White (base card), Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Celery Prints DSP
  • Ink: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Markers: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Bloom Dots EF, Martha Steward Craft Seam Binding

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!!

No comments: