Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Call! (SC165)

Wednesday is Sketch Challenge day. I think it's my favorite challenge. We get a layout to use, and then we use our own creativity to come up with a design the fits that layout. It really makes me think! The "It's A Sign" set from Stampin' Up! is pretty much overlooked in my opinion. I use it a lot for scrap booking as well as cards. My son recently went on a road trip with my hubby, and he took lots of photos which we have been scrap booking. When we get it all done, I will post the pages on this blog. Anyway, the base card here is Basic Black with a layer of Yoyo Yellow. The red piece is embossed with the Cuttlebug "Traffic Jam" folder and matted on black. The blue sign was embossed with white embossing powder, trimmed, matted on white, and then matted on black. The "You're #1" stamp was inked with markers and stamped on Whisper White, then it was matted on WW as well. I doodled with a black journaling marker on the yellow piece and punched all the corners with the 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch.
  • Stamps: It's A Sign
  • Papers: Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, Real Red, Whisper White, Brilliant Blue
  • Ink: Versamark, Black Journaling Marker, Markers: Real Red, Brilliant Blue
  • Accessories: White EP, CB Traffic Jam EF, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch, Paper Snips

I thought I'd include the actual sketch as shown on SCS. Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments: