Saturday, February 23, 2008

1st Thursday March Projects

I've got a lot going on in March, so I'm trying to get a headstart on it. I've got six events for Stampin' Up! in March!!! Yikes! This is Project #1 for my 1st Thursday Club. Easter is in March, so this card has Easter Egg colors! The base card is Yoyo Yellow. The next layer is Pink Passion and is embossed with the Cuttlebug "Spots n' Dots" embossing folder and then Ticket Corner Punched. The main image is stamped with Black Stazon on Whisper White, colored with markers, and matted on Tempting Turquoise. Both layers are Ticket Corner Punched. The flower is punched with the Boho Blossoms Punch and has a yellow brad in the center. The sentiment, "You crack me up!" is stamped with Black Stazon on Yoyo Yellow and punched out with the Small Oval Punch, then it's matted on white that is punched with the Large Oval Punch. I finished it off with yellow satin ribbon.
  • Stamps: A Good Egg
  • Papers: Yoyo Yellow, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
  • Inks: Black Stazon, Markers: Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange
  • Accessories: CB Spots n' Dots EF, Ticket Corner Punch, Large and Small Oval Punches, Boho Blossoms Punch, Yellow Brad, Yellow Satin Ribbon

Products in the Occasions Mini Catalog will be available after March 1st, so I decided to make our Project #2 from the new "Bloomin' Beautiful" set. This design is inspired by the example in the Mini Catalog. The base card is Kraft, then there's a layer of Bashful Blue that is torn, distressed, and sponged. The main image is stamped with Black Stazon on Whisper White and water colored. I added Crystal Effects to the vase for shine and texture. The definition of blossom is stamped with Black Stazon, and the "Bloom" sentiment is stamped over that with the same ink. A silver "S" Clip with a knot of blue gingham is added to the upper left corner. I also sponged the main image panel with Bashful Blue. I think they'll like this one.

  • Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful
  • Papers: Kraft, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
  • Ink: Stazon Black, Bashful Blue
  • Accessories: Sponge, "S" Clip, Gingham Ribbon
Project #3 will be our non-card item. I used the idea from TLC156 to make an Envelope Pouch. These are so quick and easy, and they really turn out cute! For this one, I used an A2 size plain white envelope and punched out the sides with the standard size Tag Punch. I stamped the flowers from "A Good Egg" with Only Orange all over the pouch. The image is stamped on Whisper White with Black Stazon and colored with markers. It's actually an incentive stamp that I had planned on using for a prize, but it works out so well here! I think I'll keep it! LOL! I punched out the image with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch. I used the Scallop Circle Punch to punch the Only Orange piece, and I adhered the main image piece to the center. I made a bow with orange satin ribbon and adhered it to the pouch with a small glue dot. I added some Easter celophane grass from last year. The ladies can fill these with whatever they choose. They make great favors or gifts for kids of all ages! Thanks for visiting my blog!!!
  • Stamps: A Good Egg, Incentive Stamp (Merry Mix)
  • Papers: White envelope, Whisper White, Only Orange
  • Ink: Only Orange, Black Stazon, Markers: Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Real Red
  • Accessories: 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Orange Satin Ribbon

No comments: