Sunday, February 20, 2011

CASEing Cookie (FS211)

This week's Featured Stamper is StampGroover. Cookie has a lot of cards in her gallery that are Clean & Simple "Style", but with the coloring and cutting, they're really not all that simple. She just makes them LOOK easy! I chose to CASE her Tinkerbell card. With the wonderful coloring and cutting, plus the addition of the Dazzling Diamonds, she made that card look simple even though it wasn't. Instead of stamping my main image, I used a Sizzlit. It's the larger size of Sizzlit (about 2" X 3-1/2"), and it's called "MacKenzie with Gift." Now, this might look pretty simple as well, but, to make all those tiny pieces with different colors of card stock and DSP, you have to run that Sizzlit through the Big Shot many times. Then, you have to piece it all together. I die cut the whole thing using Blush Blossom and then cut the pieces of Early Espresso (hair), Pawsitively Prints DSP (shirt), Whisper White (shirt trim), Basic Black (belt and shoes) and other DP for the gift bag and tissue. After piecing her all together, I popped her up like Cookie did with Tink. I added a little sponging behind her though. I used bling like Cookie die, but mine is pink. I also added a sentiment because this card will go to my daughter whose birthday is next weekend. Everything except the Sizzlit and rhinestones came from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

Cookie said...

Such a CUTE card! Thanks so much for playing today and being a part! Have a great week! Hugs, Cookie :D