Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Buggy Birthday (SC263)

This is for today's sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com. My son saw the birthday card I had intended for him on my desk. It's the western one I did for the Clean & Simple Challenge on Monday. Well, he thought it was too plain. I used today's sketch for my "do-over"!! The base card is Chocolate Chip, and the two patterned panels are "To the Nines" Specialty Paper. I stamped the caterpillar image from the "Bugs and Kisses" set with Chocolate Chip on my pre-cut Whisper White oval; then, I colored it with a Sage Shadow Marker. It's matted on Chocolate Chip, too. The oval die cuts are Nestabilities and are the only things used on this card that are not from Stampin' Up! The ribbon is Chocolate Chip Wide Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, and the leaves were punched from Sage Shadow card stock using the new 2-Step Bird & Branch Punch. The sentiment on the inside says, "Sending worm wishes on your bug day!" Under that is a green worm, and there's brown ants going down one side and across the bottom. I'm sorry I didn't photograph the inside for you. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: