Friday, May 1, 2009

Favor Box Contest

I gave my ladies in my clubs a challenge. I gave them some plain white (rather flimsy) cardboard favor boxes that I got in the wedding section of the Dollar Store. They came 12 in a package. I told them to decorate the boxes any way they liked, bring them to the next club meeting, and we will vote on them. The first place prize is a free stamp set. I took the box apart and traced it. Unfortunately, I had the box turned the wrong way, so when I cut out what I had traced on the patterned paper, I had to use the green side instead of the Bashful Blue side. Oh well, the green (Certainly Celery) looks OK. Anyway, I glued my patterned paper to the box, and I folded and glued it back together. I crimped a piece of white card stock and ran it through the shredder for the filling. The flower, bow, and pin embellishment also came from the Dollar Store. I punched and embossed the little flowers, added pearl centers, and glued them to the box over some of the larger flowers in the patterned paper. It would be nice to add a gift card or maybe a little bottle of perfume for a cute little gift. Thanks for stopping by today; maybe I'll have a card to post a little later!
  • Papers: Delicate Dots DSP (SAB), Whisper White
  • Accessories: Crimper, Shredder, Snips, Quick Dry Adhesive, $1 Store Flower, Bow and Pin, Flower Trio Punch, Peal n' Stick Pearls

No comments: