Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dew on the Roses

I was so busy with my Stamp Camp yesterday that I didn't get a chance to make anything or post to my blog. I'm relaxing today! I have been looking for more color challenges rather than sketches so that I can get more creative in the layouts I use. I found a color challenge on a blog called My Favorite Things. On that same blog, I found a card made with a yellow and brown 3-D flower. I just had to try my luck at making one of those, too!! What talent that young lady has! The color challenge was to use: Raspberry (Pink Passion), Artichoke (Almost Artichoke), and Celery (Certainly Celery). She called out Paper Tray colors but, of course, I used Stampin' Up! colors. This is also for Stampin' B's Challenge this week which was hosted by NANDYRUTH. The challenge was to use a flower on your card, and I did! For the rose, I cut or punched three different sizes of circles, distressed the edges and curled them toward the center. I cut out leaf shapes, folded them, and crimped them to make the leaves. I used Crystal Effects to make "dew drops" here and there. All products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Three for You (Punch Box) (retired)
  • Papers: Certainly Celery, Almost Artichoke, Pink Passion, Celery Prints DSP (retired)
  • Ink: Pink Passion
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Backgrounds #1 Texturz Plate (Flourish), Corner Rounder, Crimper, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Circle Scissors, Crystal Effects, Celery 5/8" GG Ribbon

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love the colors and the rose looks so real.