Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring Song (FS107)

I got up early this morning and checked out the Featured Stamper Challenge. The featured stamper was SgtStamper who has such a wonderful gallery with so many beautiful cards!

I chose the card shown at the left for my inspiration. I like the spring time look of it with the bird surrounded by lots of flowers. Her card was a sketch challenge, so I had to change the layout some. I kept the floral with stripes and stamped on the designer paper, but changed colors, stamps, and embellishments. I'm just crazy about the "Tea Party" designer paper which coordinates with the "Sweet Stems" AND "Pretty Petals" stamp sets. It also coordinates with the new "Sweetest Stem" Embosslit. I just have to get ALL of those Embosslits because I'm so thrilled with how they work!! I added some embossed flowers to the Embosslit piece and used SU! markers to color the bird and flower centers. All products used on this card are from Stampin' Up!. Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week!!!
  • Stamps: Spring Song, Sweet Stems (inside and on envelope), All Year Cheer II (retired)
  • Papers: Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Whisper White, Tea Party DSP
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Certainly Celery, SU! Markers
  • Accessories: Big Shot, Sweetest Stem Embosslit, Flower Trio Punch, Mat Pack, Embossing Stylus, Soft Subtles Brads, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Sponge, Dimensionals

2 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

Oh! the top card is so lovely!!

Cheryl said...

Your card is wonderful! I really love those sizzlets also and hope to have them all soon.