Saturday, February 28, 2009

Reach for the Stars (WSC70)

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge was designed by Lori Craig. My base card is Bashful Blue, and all three panels are matted on Whisper White. The main image panel is white on white, but I sponged the top part with Bashful Blue before stamping the image. I made a slit at his mouth with a craft knife so I could add the tiny punched star. The image was colored with SU! Markers. The ribbon is from Ribbon Originals.

The layout of Lori's sketch is shown at the left. Like Beate said, it's a great layout for showing off your designer paper. My DSP is the Delicate Dots SAB paper. Instead of a scallop circle or flower embellishment, I used stars punched with the Large and Small Star Punches. That way, it coordinates with the image and sentiment. Thanks for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Animal Crackers
  • Papers: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, So Saffron, Delicate Dots SAB DSP
  • Ink: Bashful Blue, Black Stazon, SU! Markers (Bashful Blue and So Saffron)
  • Accessories: Large and Small Star Punches, Sponge, Dimensionals, Ribbon Originals.

1 comment:

Allison said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love the colours and the star punches - looks great with the stamp!