Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm still here!!!

Well, I haven't done much card making or even scrap booking since Thursday. I hated my card I made for the Ways To Use It Challenge, but one of my friends was over on Friday to help me cut up card stock for workshops, and she liked it enough to take it. She said she'd send it to family in Canada. Instead of working on workshop stuff, we wound up making toppers for little bags of Valentine candy for the church Valentine dinner. This same lady who helps me all the time is having a workshop on Tuesday to add the sales to the Club night on Friday which she is hostessing so she can earn more free goodies. I needed to think of something for a hostess gift for her Tuesday Workshop.
I decided to make her some "Card Candy". These are little handmade embellishments that you give to card makers so they can make quickie cards. They can add the embellishment to their card AS an embellishment, or they can build their card around them, using them as the focal points. I used a Glue Dot Runner to adhere them to half sheets of label paper after the labels have been removed. They will come off easily when she wants to use them. On the back, I added two ATC's. One is for Halloween with a Sizzix Sizzlit Die Cut called "Girl in Costume". She's a little witch and looks so cute on the background that was embossed with the Cuttlebug Pumpkins embossing folder. The other ATC is for Christmas with a reindeer made from a pine cone leaf and antlers made with the Martha Stewart Branches Punch. Sorry I didn't photograph those!

A good part of yesterday and today after I got back from church was putting together a Die Cuts Binder. I'm die cutting with all my Sizzix and SU! Sizzix dies. I'm finished with the Bigz dies, the Originals Dies, and all the Sizzlits and Embosslits. Now, I'm working on pages with examples of my alphabet sets. I'm die cutting the title of the set in upper and lower case and adding some numbers and whatever extra characters there are. I've only got two sets done so far. I don't think I'll get to card making again until tomorrow. I'll probably do the Mojo Monday Sketch. Thanks for stopping by! I should have a card to post some time tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bev J. said...

I love the card candy idea. Have a friend with a March BD and will fix her up some. Thanks for sharing.