Friday, July 3, 2009

Tropical Bird (LSC227)

What a fun challenge we had today at Splitcoast! The Limited Supplies Challenge was to use only digital images and die cuts, no stamping. (Not great for my SU! sales though) We could also use not more than two embellishments. I didn't think this needed any though. I found a blog where there's a "freebie" at least once a week. The blog author is quite an artist! I downloaded the parrot, printed it, colored it (SU!'s Pure Color Pencils, baby oil, Blender Pen), and cut it out. The striped paper was a download from the same site. I went to print green stripes, but my printer is low on ink and ran out of yellow. Most of the page was blue stripes! I decided to use the end with the green and blue stripes, so that worked out anyway! I used Nestabilities to cut out the rectangles and ran the Kiwi panel through the Big Shot in the Floral Screen Cuttlebug embossing folder. I used Birds & Blooms Sizzlit Set to cut the flower layers. After sponging and embossing the flower, I used a Pop-up Glue Dot to adhere it to the card. The branches were die cut with the Sweetest Stem Embosslit. Have I told you how much I love those Embosslits?!!! Thanks for stopping by!!
  • Papers: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Kiwi Kiss, Barely Banana, GP White, Copy Paper
  • Ink: Printer Ink, Rich Razzleberry (sponging)
  • Accessories: Big Shot, CB Floral Screen EF, Rectangle and Scallop Rectangle Nesties, Sweetest Stem Embosslit, Birds & Blooms Sizzlits, Pure Color Pencils, Baby Oil, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, Snips

1 comment:

Gram E. Bear said...

I've got this little guy printed out on my table and that's as far as I've gotten. This is really cute Carroll. Great job with the challenge. {{{hugs}}}