Friday, July 3, 2009

Broken Bot (SASSC22, StampinB #13)

I made one more card today because I won't be posting tomorrow. We have a parade in our little city, and my son and his youth group will be in it. We can't miss that! Then, I will be having guests over for a barbecue. I've already made the potato salad! It will be a full day ending with watching the fireworks at the park from my front lawn. Anyway, back to the card. This is for the Stamps and Smiles Thursday Sketch Challenge AND the weekly challenge over at Stampin'B's Design Team. The sketch was actually a square card layout, but I haven't been feeling like doing square cards lately, so I stretched it out to an A2 size. Faith (Markie'sMom) hosted the challenge over at Stampin' B's, and she wanted us to use metal on our cards. What could be more metal than a robot?!!! LOL! I did add the Phillip's Screw Brads. I stamped the images with Encore Gold and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I used the crimper on the Brushed Silver panel and made the scallops by punching Brushed Silver with the 1" Circle Punch. Thanks again for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Lots of Bots (New from Stampin' Up!)
  • Papers: Basic Black, Brushed Silver, Whisper White, DCWV Striped DP
  • Ink: Encore Gold
  • Accessories: Phillip's Screw Brads, Clear EP, 3/4" Square Punch, 1" Square Punch (trimmed), 1" Circle Punch, Crimper

6 comments:

Vickilyn said...

This is sooooooo cute!! And you're right - you can't miss the parade!

Thanks for playing with us at Stamps & Smiles this week!!

~Vicki

Unknown said...

this is so adorable...i just love those little robots!

thanks for playing along with my SAS sketch for this week, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Unknown said...

What a cute card! It would cheer anyone up. Love the brads!
It's great to 'see' you joining us again this week CarrollAnn!
Viv xx

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card CarrollAnn, LOVE the cute images and design!!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Jackie said...

Super card, I love the simple uncluttered look :o)
Jackie xx

Brat Cards said...

What a cute card!

I'll have to look into those images.
Wouldn't they make a great mental health card? Perhaps something about a screw loose!