Monday, July 27, 2009

Chinese Doll (CAS25)

This is for today's Clean and Simple Challenge. We were given an example card as a sketch layout. I stretched the main image panel just a tad. One of my online friends made a card using a Japanese doll image. I asked where it came from so I could find out if they made Chinese dolls too. She checked the Hero Arts site and sent me a link to the Chinese dolls. I ordered the clear stamp set because my daughter-in-law is Chinese and I thought it would be fun to use the set to make her cards. My mother, son and I are invited to their house this Thursday for a barbecue to celebrate my grand daughter's 4th birthday. I will give her this card as a "Thank You" for all the times she has had us over to eat dinner with them. I used the masking technique to get the bamboo behind the doll. Thanks for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Hero Arts Chinese Dolls
  • Papers: Whisper White, Basic Black, Rose Red Prints (retired)
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Rose Red Marker, Gold Zig Painty, Versamark
  • Accessories: Gold EP, Heat Tool, Chalks, Basic Black GG Ribbon

1 comment:

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Your card is so beautiful CarrollAnn, TFS and like your story too! we are so blessed to enjoy food from many parts of the world, don't you think so! I love Chinese food and everything else about the country too! Thank you again for all your inspiration! Hugs always!