Friday, August 12, 2011

Top Note Thanks (TSC0812)

Wednesday is my babysitting day now. I watch my one-year old grand daughter, Maddie. It's hard to make cards with a toddler running around. When she takes a nap is when I get a breather! LOL! Thursdays are long days for us because I take my mom (96) to the Senior Center for lunch, and we stay for Penny Bingo afterwards. The bingo is good for her brain. She has Alzheimer's. Anyway, sometimes I'm too tired after that to make cards, too. That brings us to Fridays. I really try to make the TSC card every Friday. That's what I did this morning.

Sillyfilly (Sylvia) presented the Twisted Sistahs Challenge this week. Silly asked us to make a card that had a different shape other than square or rectangular. I used the Top Note Die to make this top folding card. We were also to have at least three layers. To the Naturals White base, I added DSP and a strip of Certainly Celery that was punched with the Scallop Border Punch. The sentiment panel is two layers punched with the Decorative Label Punch and Large Oval Punch and separated with Dimensionals. The flowers from "Fabulous Florets" were stamped, sponged with a dauber, cut out and popped up. I added a little more black in the centers with a Basic Black Marker. We were also to use ribbon or twine. I used Certainly Celery Ribbon Seam Binding at the top. The sentiment is from "Short & Sweet". The leaves in the background were stamped with Lucky Limeade. Everything is from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: