Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Side Step Card (MMTPT68)

We are continuing with Mothermark's Teapot Tuesday Challenges while Cindy is away. MariLynn hosted the challenge this week. Her challenge was to make a card that shows what we are thankful for, or we could be inspired by the little teapot with the cardinals on it. I'm thankful for the four seasons that the Lord has blessed us with. I like winter when it snows. I love that white stuff! I like spring when everything starts coming to life. I like summer when we do more outside activities like barbecuing and camping. I love the colors of fall, too! Here's an interesting fact: I have a fruitless mulberry tree in my front yard. It has lost all of its leaves. Now, I live in a corner house and the leaves were ALL OVER the yard, but today, it's VERY windy. The wind blows all my leaves away!! I guess the people down at the end of the block have to deal with it! LOL! This card is called a "side step" card. I'm going to make a tutorial for this one. I will post it if any one's interested. It's actually pretty simple. You just have to know where to cut and score.
This view shows the card from the right so that you could get a better look at it. I think this one would be great for a man or a woman. All products used to make this card are from Stampin' Up! Thanks for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Grateful Greetings
  • Papers: Naturals White, Garden Green, Flock Together DSP
  • Ink: Close To Cocoa, Old Olive, More Mustard, SU! Markers
  • Accessories: Sponge, Snips, Paper Trimmer, Stylus

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Simply gorgeous!

Beth Adams said...

What a beautiful step card. Perfect elements!