Tuesday, August 18, 2009

CAS Design Team Challenges

Challenge #1 was a sketch challenge. The stamping was directly on the base card, concentrated in the lower right corner, and there was a ribbon at the top. I stamped one dragonfly with Versamark only and the other with Versamark and Taken With Teal, then I embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. After that, I stamped the grass and rubbed the ink off of the blue dragonfly (Emboss Resist Technique). Finally, I added the ribbon and charm. All products except for the charm are from Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Nature's Nest, Inspired by Nature
  • Papers: Naturals White
  • Ink: Versamark, Taken With Teal, Almost Artichoke
  • Accessories: Clear EP, Heat Tool, Almost Artichoke GG Ribbon, Dragonfly Charm
Challenge #2 was a color challenge. We were to use shades of brown with just a bit of red. My red is on the thermometer. This was also for Clean & Simple Challenge #28 which was to make a masculine card.
This is the inside of the Get Well card. I embossed the doggie with a Cuttlebug mini embossing folder. Everything except the embossing folder is from Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Wellness Wishes
  • Papers: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Water Color Paper, SU! DSP (retired)
  • Ink: Black Stazon
  • Accessories: WCW Crayons, Aqua Painter, Corner Rounder Punch, CB Dogs Mini EF
Challenge #3 was to make a fall card or a fall holiday card. Obviously, I picked Halloween for my fall holiday theme. The sheer orange ribbon came from an online friend of mine who is one of the Twisted Sistahs, patsmethers. What a sweetheart she is!
I couldn't find the Martha Stewart Fence Punch in the Reno/Sparks stores, so Pat went to one of the stores near her in Fresno, bought the punch and mailed it to me in a pretty box with the orange ribbon, some felt butterflies, a felt flower, and a whole spool of sheer polka dot brown ribbon! I used the new fence punch to embellish the inside of my Halloween card. The ghosts are from the same set as the skeleton, but the sentiment is a 2/$1 stamp I got a couple of years ago at Michael's. I should have posted these cards yesterday, but I got busy and forgot! Thanks for stopping by!!
  • Stamps: Twick or Tweet (2009 Holiday Mini), Mike's 2/$1 sentiment
  • Papers: Basic Black, Only Orange, Whisper White, Ghostly Greetings DSP (retired)
  • Ink: Basic Black
  • Accessories: Close to Cocoa WCW Crayon, Aqua Painter, Sheer Ribbon, MS Fence Punch

No comments: