Sunday, August 30, 2009

August Stamp Camp Projects

Have you missed me? I've been busy the last few days! I was preparing for Stamp Camp, having the ladies over for stamp camp on Friday and Saturday, and I've been editing for my daughter's E-magazine which takes up a lot of time. I thought I'd post the projects we did for Stamp Camp this weekend since I haven't had time to do any of the challenges for the past few days.
For Stamp Camps, we do two each of five designs for a total of ten cards. So many of the ladies never send out the cards they make at our club meetings, so I tell them, "Keep one and mail the other!" Project #1 was two different colors and two different stamps. The stamps came from Michael's $1 bin. I even bought extras and let the ladies choose which one they'd like to keep. The spiders were plastic rings that I just cut the ring part off. I embossed the colored panels with the Cuttlebug "Spiderweb" embossing folder.
Project #2 was stamped with "Halloween Hoot" stamp set and water colored with Water Color Wonder Crayons and Aqua Painters. We drew in the grass with a Garden Green Marker. The card is sponged around the edges and the main image panel and mat was distressed and sponged as well. On the inside, an owl was stamped and the sentiment, "Halloween is a Hoot!"
Project #3 is the same card I made for a Clean & Simple Challenge which is also in an earlier post. I had a request to do a masculine get well card, so I just CASEd myself!
Project #4 was stamped with Black Stazon and colored with Water Color Pencils. We used Baby Oil and a Blender Pen to blend the colors and smooth them out. The base card is Dusty Durango, and the mat is Sahara Sand. The designer paper is Delicate Dots (2009 SAB). The Dusty Durango Ribbon was added with a knot. The stamp set was "Happy Blessings" from the 2008 Holiday Mini Catalog. It's been sold. Everything on this card is from Stampin' Up!
Project #5 was very simple, yet it turned out so pretty! The main image (from the 2009 Holiday Mini Catalog) was stamped with Timber Brown on Very Vanilla and then matted on Soft Suede. The corners were punched with the Ticket Corner Punch. A colored rhinestone was added. The Crushed Curry layer was embossed with the Cuttlebug Pumpkins embossing folder and adhered to a Soft Suede base card. The inside was lined with Very Vanilla and stamped with a small fruit bowl and a sentiment. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

No comments: